About Fire Tech Systems
Our company is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise. We are acknowledged as a Quality Contractor by the American Fire Sprinkler Association and are ISNetworld accredited.
We are dedicated to providing our customers with knowledgeable personnel. In an effort to keep abreast of the changing fire codes and laws, we provide continuing education on OSHA, such as Awareness of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Standard for Fall Protection; Apprenticeship Programs for field personnel which are certified by the American Fire Sprinkler Association; and design certification by the National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technologies. Safety is also a high priority; our Safety Director provides monthly safety meetings and each foreman is responsible for performing weekly tool- box talks. We have also completed a comprehensive 10 week training session for Quality Plus TQM.
Licensed in Six States
We are licensed in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma and have worked nationally, as well. We design and install systems for high-rises, retrofit, commercial, industrial and residential. We provide 24-hour service and have licensed inspectors in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas. We are also licensed in fire extinguishers and kitchen hood suppression systems and provide training of fire extinguishers in the workplace.
At Fire Tech Systems, we look forward to many years of further service and are dedicated to quality service and customer satisfaction.
Our FounderLinda M. Biernacki
Community service evokes a strong commitment from Linda. In 2009 she was appointed by Lt. General Frank Klotz, AFGSC Commander to serve as a charter member of the Air Force Global Strike Command Civic Leader Program and continues to her serve under Four-Star General Robin Rand. Linda was inducted into the Junior Achievement of N. LA’s Business Hall of Fame which celebrates exceptional business leaders who have demonstrated a lifetime of achievement and investment in our community and was named the 2016 Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Business Leader of the Year. Only the second woman in forty years to win this distinguished honor. 2017 BizMagazine ‘s Best Places to Work and 5 Over 50 Recipient. Award honors five individuals in the community for their contribution, experience and community.
Linda is a community partner with the Sheriffs Safety Town and the Minority Supplier Institute. She is Chair of the C-100 Military Affairs Committee and served as the first woman President of the Committee of One Hundred. Appointed by Mayor Ollie Tyler she served on the City of Shreveport Architect and Engineers Selection Committee. Served on the Board of the Sci-Port Discovery Center and is a member of the Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council. Aspiring to help the local community, she established the Fire Tech Systems Scholarship Program for ambitious, young ladies whose studies involve the construction industry. Linda also partners with the Shreveport-Bossier Women in Construction to offer a scholarship through the Caddo Career & Technology Center.
Linda is a graduate from the State of Louisiana, Shreveport Bossier Vocational Technical Institute for Mechanical Drafting. Resides in Shreveport, Louisiana with her husband of thirty years, Richard. Mother of two daughters, Emily and Nikki. Both daughters are currently enrolled at Ole Miss University. Linda and her family are members of Grace Community Methodist Church.
Linda has a strong commitment to give back to the community. She feels very fortunate to have the opportunities available to her to grow her company and build a positive work environment for her employees.
- Air Force Global Strike Command Civic Leaders Group – 2010-2018, Appointed as a charter member by Lt. General Frank Klotz, USAF Global Strike Commander.
- Community Partner with Sheriff’s Safety Town
- City of Shreveport Architect and Engineers Selection Committee – Appointed by Shreveport Mayor, Ollie Tyler
- Sci-Port Discovery Center – Past Board Member
- Cyber Innovation Center Community Partner
- The Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council
- Minority Supplier Institute – Current member & past co-chair for the installation of the Shreveport branch.
Working with Women in Reaching their Full Leadership Potential
- Selected as one of 100 Women of the Century by the Shreveport Women’s Council.
- Current member of the Women’s Business Council of the Gulf Coast and Southwest Region and encourages women to advance in their field of expertise, by seeking out other women business owners and utilizing their services and expertise.
- National Association of Women in Construction, past president and member since 1981.
- Linda is committed to support young children by speaking at various events to encourage them of possible careers in the construction field and to be active in all community projects.
- Established “Fire Tech Systems Scholarship Program” offered to ambitious and aspiring young college women to pursue engineering degrees.
- Linda also partners with the Shreveport-Bossier of Women in Construction to offer a scholarship through the Caddo Career & Technology Center.
Linda is a graduate from the State of Louisiana, Shreveport Bossier Vocational Technical Institute for Mechanical Drafting. Resides in Shreveport, Louisiana with her husband of twenty-nine years, Richard. Mother of two daughters, Emily and Nikki who are currently enrolled at Ole Miss University. Linda and her family are members of Grace Community Methodist Church.
Awards and Recognition
Business of the Year – 2015
Awarded at the Minority Business Opportunity Awards for creating opportunities for other minority‐owned businesses and having a strong philanthropic commitment to the community.
Small Business of the Year – 2014 & 2004; 1999 Top 10
Honors outstanding Industry & Small Businesses who demonstrate “Best Practices” of entrepreneurship, such as sound business planning, fiscal responsibility and innovation in operating their business.
Top 30 Recognition – 2005
Shreveport Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce
Chairman’s Award 2012
This is awarded to individuals who demonstrate exceptional community service and leadership.
Shreveport Better Business Bureau
Women in BUILD Award – 2016
Awarded by the Build global publication as Best Woman-Owned Fire Protection Systems Firm in the USA and a Recognized Leader in Fire Safety Systems