Provide electrical services with specific responsibility for installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm systems and related equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available as needed.
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of fire alarm and/or other related electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems
- Coordinates with other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and building regulations
- Troubleshoots fire alarm systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Installs electrical system components as assigned (e.g. panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, detectors, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded system capabilities
- Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and test equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment in the workplace.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Perform other duties as requested
- Daily submission of required paperwork requested