General Purpose: Inspects installed fire protection and detections systems to determine if the system meets the requirements of the job and to ensure all equipment is functioning properly. Inspects fire extinguishers and kitchen hood systems to ensure all equipment is functioning and per code. Completes an Inspection report to record the findings.
- Keeps knowledgeable on current NFPA, IBC, insurance and other codes enforced by AHJs and compliance testing as required
- Inspects and tests installed fire protection equipment to verify all equipment is functioning properly.
- Completes Inspection Reports, provides picture and detailed Deficiency Lists on the condition of installed fire protection equipment and forwards the forms to the Inspection Department’s Manager to provide quote to correct deficiencies
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date prospect list from contract sales, Inspection Department records and other sources. Calls on prospective customers to sell Inspection and Service contracts
- May perform Service work such as replacing gauges, tamper switches, etc. or contact the fire sprinkler maintenance/repair project manager to schedule technicians to perform requested repairs
- May Perform Time & Material work such as backflow certifications and water flow test as required/certified
- May perform alarm certifications
- May Inspect, service and/or replace fire extinguishers as required/certified
- Follow up on Impairments and notifies LSFM as required
- Updates job knowledge and attends specific training classes to keep/obtain CEUs as required by LSFM
- Network and explore opportunities to promote Fire Tech Systems
- Perform other duties as requested
Daily submission of required paperwork requested